3.12.2009

My progress



Am loving the silver smithing course that I am doing once a week and am going to post some photos to chart my progress. Here's my first three attempts. The first photo is the brass ring we had to make to practice the cutting, shaping and soldering techniques. I know they use brass for the first item because it is cheaper than silver but man is it hard to work with compared to silver. Hence I didn't finish it. I have big ideas and wanted to get on to the silver making (second ring). I think I just proved that teachers make the worst students. We're so willful!

The second photo is the as yet unfinshed chain I am making which will encorporate some stones that I have bought from one of my favourite traders on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6320517. Will show more photos of that one as progress is made.

1 comment:

  1. very cool that you are documenting, I love to see the process

    ReplyDelete