10.15.2009

The best job in the world


Sometimes I swear I have the best job in the world. I teach a few different subjects at an Exclusive Brethren school (after leaving the local boys' high school due to a horrible bully boss) and today was the year 9 and 10 Commerce class's market day These students are aged between 13 and 15. Today was the culmination of a whole term's work where they learnt about marketing and getting a product planned and up and running. The kids were amazing. Even the roly poly puppy boys really got it together at the last minute. In fact the two rolliest puppies of the lot were waiting for me when I got to school this morning wearing their little red pinnies and they worked and worked all day. Admittedly some of their big sisters did pitch in to help but then that's another great thing about the day. The sense of community. It was splendid. We even had school work on display for the grandparents to look at. I have taught this subject here for two years but this is the first time we had a market day. It was such a success we'll be doing it again! I sure am plum tuckered out now though. But it was worth it. This is one of those "teaching is such a rewarding job" moments!

1 comment:

  1. This group even wrote their brand logo on a cake with icing! Now that's clever!!!

    ReplyDelete