10.24.2009

Workshops are fab.


As I embark on teaching another round of creative computing night classes (the last round for some time due to the government cutting funding because they don't see them as a necessary part of education, but that's a blog for another time) I am struck by the sense of enjoyment that I get out of teaching adults and that's over and above the fact I get paid to do it. For the most part it is turns into a collaborative session between people who have just met but perhaps much more in common than you realise. Over the last ten years I have taught jewellery making, flax weaving, spreadsheets, beginners computing and creative computing. I feel really happy when the participants get that sense of achievement and confidence in their own creativity and I feel priviledged to be the one who gives them that. It goes to show how individuals can grow and the sense of self-fulfillment when involved in group activities, the sense of community can be really nurturing and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment