11.20.2009

My new book.
















Just received my new book from Damien Rice (you might remember my book buying addiction!) which again arrived really early, nice work guys! It's The Art of Jewelry Design, from Idea to Reality by Elizabeth Olver. It's amazing and I love it!!!! So it's highly recommended but the reason I mention it here on my blog is that there are some pages about keeping a visual journal, which I already do. But there were some really cool ideas such as "A visual journal need not necessarily be in book form" and that got me thinking that maybe my "work bench" is a sort of visual journal. So here's some photos of it. The white board at the back of the bench that everything is pinned to, is a large artists canvas. Things can be removed or moved as I find other bits and pieces. A work in progress if you will. It also sometimes has pictures of shoes and clothes I'd like to own. I know that's a bit consumerist but then I do love clothes and shoes as much as crafts! Oh and other things that inspire me like the Greenpeace sticker and art work from a Damien Rice CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment