2.20.2020

42 days and counting...

42 days, $848 dollars saved and 37800 calories not consumed. Nice work me!!!

I can't say that it has been easy, all the time, but it has allowed me some sober time to contemplate my future. To think clearly and make some informed decisions about what I really want from life and what I can give back. Which lead me to an uncanny event today...

I am a teacher. I have decided that I want a change and have resigned from my job. But before I leave I am incorporating some more obvious life lessons into my repertoire, so that the young people I teach can learn about consequences for their actions. It might not be popular, but what are they going to do, fire me?!

Last week our school got a complaint from a member of the public about some of our students behaving badly out and about. So today after school, I took them out to make amends. We met a lady who owns miniature horses and helped her out with some chores. You can probably guess what the chores were.

It turns out that this particular lady has a contract to run holiday programmes for under-privileged kids and she's offered me a job. I am going to be teaching them to sew and we are going to make things with recycled clothing. They are going to make things to sell at the market to earn money for themselves.

So my little outing has had so many positive outcomes that I could just burst! And I'll be showing up each morning to teach the children how to sew and run a small business, with a smile on my face and a spring in my step, because I won't be hungover!!!

Win:Win:Win

No comments:

Post a Comment