9.08.2009

A more positive blog next time....maybe?!

As a small-time crafter who sells items as a hobby and little bit of extra money aside from my real job of teaching I sometimes use the services of the New Zealand postal service. I am also known to send my family gifts and did just that at the end of August when I sent my Dad a ceramic wall hanging for his birthday. Sadly the gift was crushed on its way to him further down the South Island in Wanaka. I dutifully had my Dad send the item to them for their assessment but I found out yesterday that they're not compensating because they said it wasn't packed properly. Apparently it needs to be able to withstand 25kg on top of it. Not really happy because I asked about it at the Post Office and they thought it would be okay. I guess I will have to pay squillions of dollars with another courier company who will probably break it anyway, or worse misplace it for an unknown amount of time.

This is on top of the drama last year when I sent some of my jewels to Auckland from Blenheim (yes from one island to another!) for an exhibition. I sent it by courier in October, for an exhibition that started at the end of November. They delivered it to the gallery on Christmas Eve... the day the exhibition finished! They didn't compensate me then either because in their fine print they don't gaurantee that it'll get there on time and they had the cheek to tell me at the Auckland mail centre, October is during the Christmas rush! This is in spite of the fact that their marketing strategy emplores you to use their services because they are timely. I THINK NOT!!!

In both cases I got the sense that they didn't really care because there was the fine print and there was nothing I could do about it! BAH HUMBUG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment