9.05.2009

The true tragedy of funerals!




Funerals are heart breaking for obvious reasons and that sense of loss can be over-whelming but I went to my friend's funeral yesterday and she died suddenly, much too young and very unexpectedly. So it got me thinking how profoundly sad it is to me, that when someone dies all of their family, friends and loved ones get together and publicly articulate how special the deceased person was to them.




So often people leave this mortail coil listening and believing the negative voices in their heads and thinking ill of themselves for one reason or another, never fully comprehending how their being has positively influenced the existence of others. I hope in my heart of hearts that they are "up there somewhere" watching over the spectacle that is their final farewell and that they hear the wonderful and loving things that are being said about them. It is my wish that they can store those sentiments and carry them close as they travel to the next place.




Why don't we say these things to our special people when we are all alive and well together? To honour Stephanie's passing I am going to endeavour to do just that. I am also going to try to worry less and appreciate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment